james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward Flick" <e...@cdf-imaging.com>
Subject RE: IMAP Development Pointers
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 17:10:22 GMT
I see nothing wrong with .select("username.foldername").  The only other way
I would think of would be a .select("username").select("folder1.folder2"),
this way you could store the user repository in a var and would save from
having to do a string concat every call, when mapping from the IMAP SELECT
command.  Although, I haven't looked through the james source much, what do
you think?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Webb [mailto:jw@inovem.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 11:39 AM
To: 'James Developers List'
Subject: RE: IMAP Development Pointers

No worries Ed. I've just written the mbox repository so I've a good idea
what works etc. in James

My only comment is the use of the .select() method. When a user's
repository is opened the method call is .select("username")
To access folders I'd propose the use of .select("username.foldername")
when the server want a folders contents.
Folder links are interesting ;) I'll have a think about those too.
Shared folders are a LOT of pain due to the fact that you'd have a store
the read state for lots of people at the same time. Not nice.

Any comments on this?

-- Jason