james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: User Attributes
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:37:44 GMT
Jason,

Jason Webb wrote:
> Steven Brewin wrote:
> > Jason Webb wrote:
> > > However, I need to store attributes on the user for IMAP to work
> > > properly. These are two lists:
> > > 1) The list of current folders
> > > 2) The list of subscribed folders
> > >
> > > As there is no place to store this information, I propose to add
> > > attributes to the User object to allow me to persist this
> > > information to a store.
> > Are you proposing to add the attributes you require or a
> > generic mechanism similar to the one used for MailAttributes?
> Completely generic, and similar to the one in MailAttributes.

If you do this in a compatible fashion, as Soren Hilmer did for the mail
attributes, it would be worth doing it against the v2 branch.  See my
earlier comments about merging the two branches.

Named attributes associated with a user entry is (obviously) compatible with
a JNDI direction, and the LDAP repository might get a workout, after all.
:-)

	--- Noel