james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Brewin" <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject RE: RemoteDelivery progressively increasing delay-time
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 16:27:01 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> > Personally, if the change was to be made, I would prefer
> something like...
>
> I understand why, but it would require a change to the data
> model we expose
> via the Mailet API.  The current API supports neither child
> elements nor
> attributes.  The proposed change is compatible with the
> current data model.

Fair point! Still, I would retain <maxRetrys> tag and use the last of the
<delayTime> tags as the time to use where maxRetrys > number of delayTime
tags. As I am unsure that same named tags are returned in the sequence they
are entered, I might enforce successively longer delay times and define
'last' as the longest.

-- Steve