james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Daring" <cog...@chello.at>
Subject Re: What the EU OSS migration guidelines say about JAMES
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:30:14 GMT
Id say, just ask them:-)
----- Original Message -----
From: "Danny Angus" <Danny_Angus@slc.co.uk>
To: "James Developers List" <server-dev@james.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2003 12:14 PM
Subject: What the EU OSS migration guidelines say about JAMES

> Holy F*** thats nice attention ... I wonder what they think it lacks?
> reading it, it looks like the author wants IMAP.
>
> __________________
>

> Todays news had reference to a study of the european community about their
> view of OSS deployment and migration.
> The document is availbale at

http://www.europa.eu.int/ISPO/ida/jsps/index.jsp?fuseAction=showDocument&par
ent=news&documentID=1647.

> Also JAMES was mentioned as possible MTA, beside the major ones like
> sendmail, exim aso.
> Here's what they wrote on page 38:
>
> "Another interesting product is the Apache James mail server. This is
> intended to be a fully
> fledged MTA written in Java. It lacks some features at the moment but is
> worth keeping an
> eye on for the future."

> The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the
addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for
delivery of the message to the intended recipient) please notify us
immediately on 0141 306 2050 and delete the message from your computer. You
may not copy or forward it or use or disclose its contents to any other
person. As Internet communications are capable of data corruption Student
Loans Company Limited does not accept any  responsibility for changes made
to this message after it was sent. For this reason it may be inappropriate
to rely on advice or opinions contained in an e-mail without obtaining
written confirmation of it. Neither Student Loans Company Limited or the
sender accepts any liability or responsibility for viruses as it is your
responsibility to scan attachments (if any). Opinions and views expressed in
 this e-mail are those of the sender and may not reflect the opinions and
views of The Student Loans Company Limited.