james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Brewin" <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject RE: RemoteDelivery progressively increasing delay-time
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 09:06:47 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> This is not exposed to Mailet API components.  We only get
> [name,value].  As
> noted in RemoteDelivery.init(), the resulting value is an
> ordered CSV (which
> answers a question Steve just asked).

As noted in org.apache.james.transport.mailets.RemoteDelivery.init()? I
don't see comments there relating to this!

What I do see is org.apache.james.core.MailetConfigImpl wherein method
getInitParameter(String name) iterates through occurences of the named child
of the passed Configuration to create a CSV delimited String. Most
importantly, the javadoc for
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.Configuration.getChildren(String)
says "The array order will reflect the order in the source config file."

So, the name/value pairs in the CSV String answered by
getInitParameter(String name) will be in the order the tags were encountered
in the config. file. We can just use that order and disregard any thoughts I
had about needing to impose a sort order.

-- Steve