james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Brewin" <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject RE: Problem with org.apache.james.transport.mailets.AbstractNotify - branch-2.1-fcs
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 08:31:10 GMT
Hi,

Big thank you to Vincenzo for fixing this so quickly. I sent the original
mail at 15:25 GMT and the fix was applied at 16:52 GMT!

Danny wrote:
> OTOH.. Have you got a use case for the special addresses in this
> application? Otherwise exposing them might simply offer "nonsense"
> functionality, works as advertised but is never applicable in the real
> world.

The special addresses are a very good idea and have lots of uses. I stumbled
across this problem when using NotifyPostmaster to send mail to the
postmaster when certain states were entered. Rather than having the sender
set to the default of postmaster I find it more informative to have the
sender set to the "unaltered" sender of the mail that caused the state to be
entered.

Health warning - if it was the identity of the sender that caused the state
to be entered you will have a loop unless you take steps to prevent it, such
as setting a Mail Attribute.

-- Steve