james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig Raw" <cr...@quirk.co.za>
Subject JDBCVirtualUser for multiple users
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:28:36 GMT
Hi,

This is a proposal on the same topic as the mailing list entry from 1 back,
'Multiple Recipient Aliases'
(http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=james-user@jakarta.apac
he.org&msgNo=3594). It concerns using the JDBCVirtualUserTable to forward an
incoming email to more than one user. Of course, this is already possible
with the Redirect mailet, but keeping all these details in the
VirtualUserTable is cleaner IMO.

I'd like to propose that the target_address column of VirtualUserTable be
allowed to contain users or email addresses separated by commas. The mailet
simply spilts this column up into its constituents and redirects to all of
them. I've already written such a mailet and got it working, and I think
this might be a nice standard feature of the JDBCVirtualUserTable, as it is
backwards compatible. Of course, I may have missed a better solution in the
intervening year.

I can get a patch together if necessary.

Craig