james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Alexis Agahi <a...@users.sf.net>
Subject Re: James & OpenIM story? (next move?)
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 22:47:43 GMT
On Tuesday 07 October 2003 19:08, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Steve,
>
> > Merlin doesn't have support for JMX and one of the goals on the
> > James roadmap is to improve monitoring / management via JMX.
>
> Quite correct.  However, today James does use better logging than Merlin
> supports, and does not use JMX.  Today.  So the logging is the primary
> blocking factor, because we'd have to give something up to use Merlin.
>
> JMX is on the work list for Merlin.  Perhaps Stephen would use James as a
> test bed when implementing JMX.  That could lead towards a community effort
> to do some very nice JMX within Merlin and James.

Ok so what is the next move?

Should we wait for Merlin 3.1 featuring JMX & extended logging?
(BTW I could help Steve on this task to boost the release cycle)

Or could we start thinking about a common user base?
How about something like a cornerstone user manager?
see
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@avalon.apache.org/msg08037.html
also (mostly based on authentification)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/aaa4avalon/