james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Søren Hilmer ...@itplus.dk>
Subject Rationale behind explicit setLastUpdated in MailImpl writeobject sought.
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 19:13:42 GMT
Hi,

During my implementation the multiple delay times in RemoteDelivery, I have
run into a little problem.

My idea was to always do an outgoing.accept(0) and set the Mails lastUpdated
to currentTimeMillis+the next delay for that mail-

But alas in MailImpl.writeObject always does a lastUpdated=new Date() prior to
the actual storing of the object, which effectly prevents me from dating the
mail into the future.

What is the rationale behind this?
Does it actually make sense to have a setLastUpdated method, when the effect
of it is changed behind your back?

-Søren

--
Søren Hilmer, M.Sc.