james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Kenny Smith <james-l...@journalscape.com>
Subject Missing Blocks are Fatal
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:17:25 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to get a new installation of 2.2-dev working and I'm running
into this error:

org.apache.excalibur.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleException:
Component named "fetchmail" failed to pass through the Configuration
stage. (Reason:
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Block
named "fetchmail" implements Configurable, but has no corresponding in
config.xml).

I've run into this error before when I removed my nntp block and james
refused to start. I think it would be better if james simply ignored
those missing blocks. If I don't want to use fetchmail or nntp, why do I
need to have them in my config? In the 2.2 version I pulled from CVS,
the default config has an entity reference to fetchmailConfig which
should point to ../apps/james/conf/james-fetchmail.xml, but that file
wasn't included with the distribution.

So, I can't comment it out and I don't know what it's supposed to look
like, so I'm stuck. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Kenny