james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build process in maven?
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:37:21 GMT

Serge Knystautas wrote:

> Any opinions on migrating to doing builds using maven?  I have only
> cursory experience with it, but it's been generally positive, and it
> helps address the javamail.jar and activation.jar issues.

Maven will not help you with the javamail.jar and activation.jar issues
because these resources are licensed under the basis that they are
packaged with an aplication (i.e. like what we do with a sar file or a
bar file).  As far as building is concernined - then you still need to
request a manual download.  Aside from that - moving to a maven build
would be good - all of the cornerstone, excalibur, and avalon framework
is already on maven and available via repote repositories.  One other
point - If you running James under Merlin - then Merlin can auto load
James from a remote repository.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell