james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Merging plan (was Build process in maven?)
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:45:29 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>Really the biggest hurdle is a stable Avalon release. :)
>
> I would use the latest release packages from Avalon, and once we get merged,
> I think it makes sense for Stephen to add configuration files for a James
> package using Merlin as well as our Phoenix packaging.

So to just get to a merged 3.0 release, we could do the following:
1. Move to latest release packages from Avalon.
2. Discuss and resolve the mailet API changes.
3. Address any discrepancies (code changes only applied to one or other,
or otherwise require resolution).

Anything else?

Comments on feasibility:
If we have final releases from Avalon, then 1 is doable.

I think we have some consensus about 2... we originally were planning
more sweeping changes and include repository changes, but I don't know
if that is appropriate since we're still stuck on the IMAP changes.

Then 3 is just thankless grunt work.

--
Serge Knystautas
President