james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Merging plan (was Build process in maven?)
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:26:20 GMT

Danny Angus wrote:

>2. Discuss and resolve the mailet API changes.
>

>I propose we abandon many of the changes made to the HEAD, and adopt only
>those changes made to the branch as well.
>
>The repository access and database access is likely to be superceded by
>JNDI.
>
>I propose that we keep whatever additional definitions of repositories may
>exist, to support casting of the Objects returned by lookups, but abandon
>the temporary hand-rolled method sigs in MailetContext in favour of using
>JNDI as a priority.
>
>Further changes are minimal as far as I can recall, but I'm happy to be
>corrected.

All of the migration from ComponentManager to ServiceManager,
ComponentException to ServiceException, Composable to Servicable,
removal of Component - and some tweaking
related to datasources (as opposed to datasource package).

:-)

Stephen.

>d.

>The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee(s) only. If
you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to the intended

>This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of
computer viruses.

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org