james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "David Liles" <d...@dynamichostings.com>
Subject RE: RemoteDelivery progressively increasing delay-time
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 09:07:10 GMT
Why is it necessary to have a list of delay times to iterate through?
Wouldn't it be simpler to just have a single delay time setting with the number to times to
attempt to redeliver?

-----Original Message-----
From: Soeren Hilmer [mailto:soren.hilmer@tietoenator.com]
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 3:40 AM
To: James Developers List
Subject: Re: RemoteDelivery progressively increasing delay-time

Hi,

I do not really know how this process works, who has the final word on which
of the proposed ways to do this, we go for?

I like Serge's "attempts" version best, but in this case are maxRetries then
to be disregarded? Or is it to be used on the last delaytime entry, if the
attempts attribute is missing? (assuming that attempts defaults to 1 if not
specified) As this last version is the most versatile, I believe this is the
route to go.

I would like to start on this monday, so ...

--Søren

--
Søren Hilmer, M.Sc.
R&D manager		Phone:	+45 70 27 64 00