james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "David Liles" <d...@dynamichostings.com>
Subject RE: Compile Problems
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 16:55:41 GMT
Thanks for the feedback Vincenzo....

Unfortunately I am "forced" to use JBuilder, but my process is basically identical to yours....
I develop locally and have a "local" build task in my Ant scripts that I execute from within
JBuilder when developing locally and then execute other Ant tasks respective to where we are
in our process.

This is the first time I've worked with a project such as James so I'm not familiar with the
dependencies of the Ant script for James. All of the other projects I've been involved with
have been "ground-up" projects so we build our Ant scripts from scratch.

Are there any JBuilder developers who have been able to get this to work locally when running
the project from within JBuilder?

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini [mailto:vincenzo.gianferraripini@praxis.it]
	Sent: Wed 10/8/2003 11:27 AM
	To: James Developers List
	Subject: RE: Compile Problems

	I develop locally using NetBeans IDE 3.5.1 under Windows XP, and everything works fine (including
compiles, but execution nor interactive debugging from within the IDE). I just *do not* run
ant, but use the normal functionalities of the IDE after proper setup.

	Only when I have to deploy for test (= build james.sar and copy into James/apps) I run the
batch build script.

	Vincenzo