james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini" <vincenzo.gianferrarip...@praxis.it>
Subject MailetException vs MessagingException
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:51:56 GMT
This may be just a matter of clean code, but browsing around the matchers and mailets in CVS,
I found that many of them are throwing MessagingException-s instead of MailetException-s (including
my own code ;-).

Currently MailetException, whose author was Serge, extends MessagingException without adding
anything, so it's indifferent, but there must have been some rationale behind all this in
the past, that I'm missing. Some mailets even throw both kinds of exceptions, like JDBCListserv,
JDBCAlias, JDBCVirtualUserTable, CommandListservProcessor and others.

Could someone highlight me?

Thanks,

Vincenzo