james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: James & OpenIM story?
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 17:08:37 GMT
Steve,

> Merlin doesn't have support for JMX and one of the goals on the
> James roadmap is to improve monitoring / management via JMX.

Quite correct.  However, today James does use better logging than Merlin
supports, and does not use JMX.  Today.  So the logging is the primary
blocking factor, because we'd have to give something up to use Merlin.

JMX is on the work list for Merlin.  Perhaps Stephen would use James as a
test bed when implementing JMX.  That could lead towards a community effort
to do some very nice JMX within Merlin and James.

	--- Noel