james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: MailetException vs MessagingException
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:12:05 GMT
> I found that many of them are throwing MessagingException-s
> instead of MailetException-s (including my own code ;-).

You know ... I could have sworn I had raised this exact question earlier in
the year.  I've no clue as to why there are both.

How could we make better use MailetException, just as SendFailedException is
a specialized type of MessagingException?  Right now it is just a synonym
for MessagingException.

Can you see any reason why the container would want to catch a
MailetException and not catch a MessagingException?  Can you see any reason
why the container would want to handle them differently?  Do we want to
Matchers and Mailets to throw MailetException so that we can distinguish
between one that they threw, and one that was leaked?

	--- Noel