james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: James & OpenIM story?
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 05:43:22 GMT
Alexis,

Where are you lost, and which code are you looking at, since we don't public
CVS snapshots?

Merlin is fine, although not quite where James can use it yet as a standard
platform.  The primary issue, AFAIK, is Merlin's logging support, and Steve
is working to fix it.

It seems to me that your Jabber service would need to share/adapt user
repository information, plus integrate with the James pipeline as
appropriate.  But before we talk coding, perhaps we should talk concepts.
Where do YOU see points of integration?

q.v.: http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JamesJabber

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexis Agahi [mailto:alag@users.sf.net]
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 19:02
To: James Developers List
Subject: James & OpenIM story?

Folks,

I've been busy setting a stable OpenIM (http://open-im.net) release those
time, but as I'm getting close to have something really clean.
Now, I really would like to work with you, to see how we could having
OpenIM/James synergy.

To be honnest, I'm completly *lost* when reading the last CVS snapshot.

OpenIM uses Merlin 3.0 as a compenent manager. With the help of Steve I've
set
a bridge-component that could be able to use mailet api and get James user
base, but this really sounds like a hack.

Could someone give me guidelines to start working to converge into common
bases ?

Regards