james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Compile Problems
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 02:42:12 GMT
James is an Avalon (Phoenix) application.  As such it is made from multiple
services, each loaded by the Avalon container.  You might want to read the
source, and visit http://avalon.apache.org, to get an idea about Avalon.

One of the services is JamesSpoolManager.  That runs the pipeline.  The
pipeline is made of processor objects (at this time, LinearProcessor), which
container matcher and mailet objects.  Processors are addressed by name.
Some names, e.g., root and error, are special in that they are assumed and
required.

That's the $0.01 tour.  Hope it helps as a starting point.

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Chandru [mailto:chandru@bobcat.ent.ohiou.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 22:10
To: noel@devtech.com
Subject: RE: Compile Problems

Hi,
You probably get a gazzilion of these emails so apologies up front.  I
am fairly decent Java programmer and would love to contribute to james.
Could you possibly point me to a decent starting point towards
understanding the architecture and design of James as well as the goals
and current priorities?

I am sure all of this is probably on the web site but I couldn't find it
(clearly I am one of the few luddites who hasn't figured out the fine
art of web surfing ;-))

Btw I run James for my teeny web site and I think it's great.

Cheers
Chandru