james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <Danny_An...@slc.co.uk>
Subject RE: MailetException vs MessagingException
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:09:34 GMT

Vincenzo,

>  I agree, but Matcher.match(Mail), Matcher.init(MatcherConfig),
Mailet.service(Mail) and Mailet.init(MailetConfig) are all defined
> as "throws javax.mail.MessagingException", so I guess that
MailetException must continue to extend MessagingException.

> Now, shall we refactor? It may not be important, but sometimes some
cleanup must be done, and it could become useful in the future. > I would
use only MailetException, both for throwing new error conditions and
wrapping non-MessagingException kind of Exception-s.
way systematically add the "@version CVS $Revision:$"
> javadoc entry). Let me know.

Taking Serge's comments on board I'd say that Matcher.match and
mailet.service should throw *both* but only MailetException should be
raised in a Mailet or Matcher.

As for Matcher.init I'd probably lean towards MailetException only as we
don't really expect this method to be carrying out any messaging tasks.

But I'm open to persuasion.
d.

viruses.