james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <Danny_An...@slc.co.uk>
Subject RE: Merging plan (was Build process in maven?)
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:26:21 GMT

__________________

>> So to just get to a merged 3.0 release, we could do the following

>Are you proposing that what is currently v2.2.0 test builds be released as
>v3?

Seems to me we should merge what we want going forwards from the HEAD into
the tip of the 2 branch and swap the HEAD and the branch.
The head would become 3 and the current HEAD would become a dead end left
merely to pick through as we learn the lessons of what we've done there and
apply them to the 2* code to beome the 3 release. (readint he rest of Noels
message I think we're on the same wavelength)

>I would like to defer the Mailet API changes in the MAIN branch,
>particularly the ones exposing repositories.  After we the next Release,
we
>can look at changes, including <mailet> configuration.

+0 I think exposing repository specifications is a forwards step, but the
access methods specified should be omitted as the are deprecated in our
minds before they've even seen the light of day.

d.

viruses.