james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Brewin" <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject RE: Taking the plunge - Some success!
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 00:48:16 GMT
James Bucanek wrote:

> So I'll take a look at the what I might need to do to
> build.xml to get James to build locally (simply because I'm
> mostly just going to be messing around with it on my
> workstation for awhile).  Eventually I'll probably adopt
> Steve's workflow for building/running/testing on my server.

You should not need to change build.xml and if you do it will be out of
sync. with what is maintained as part of the distribution. You should be
able to get it to run inside Eclipse without any changes by ensuring that
the environment provided by Eclipse is the same as that established by the
build scripts.

> I think what I'd like to do next is to set up a project that
> builds a Mailet or three.  One reason I wanted to get
> up-to-speed on James 3.0 is because I wanted to take
> advantage of the new Mailet deployment, which I hear is much
> better than what was in 2.1.

This is also available in v2.2.0, CVS branch 'branch_2_1_fcs'. From the CVS
Perspective use 'Configure Branches and Versions...' to reveal the relevant
branches.

> Where would I start to find out how Mailets are packaged and
> deployed in 3.0?

Package them into a .jar and place them in the /apps/james/SAR-INF/lib
directory of the distribution. Add your package names to the
<mailetpackages> and <matcherpackages> declarations in
/apps/james/SAR-INF/config.xml of the distribution.

-- Steve

This private and confidential e-mail has been sent to you by Synergy Systems Limited. It may
not represent the views of Synergy Systems Limited.

If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail and have received it in error, please
notify the sender by replying with "received in error" as the subject and then delete it from
your mailbox.