james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Raw <cr...@quirk.co.za>
Subject Re: JDBCVirtualUser for multiple users
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2003 11:56:50 GMT
Hi Noel,

Thanks for your reply :) I'll be happy to submit the patch, with all
your good ideas in mind.

Regarding RFC 1894, the last time we discussed it Serge pointed out the
problems with extracting error messages from the Javamail API (more
specifically MessagingException). As you point out though, in the case
of the VirtualUserTable, we have a chance to do it reliably. I'd suggest
a class with the responsibility to produce a RFC 1894 formatted message
given a DSN code and message. That way, it could be used again when more
standardised error reporting comes to Javamail (or its replacement). I'd
appreciate some input on the soundness of this idea, and where it might
fit into the codebase.

Craig