james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini" <vincenzo.gianferrarip...@praxis.it>
Subject RE: private vs. protected access
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 20:14:58 GMT
+1

Mainly for the supplied matchers and mailets, adding protected getter/setter methods.

This is a very sound and clean initiative. We should perhaps also write a "mailet/matcher
coding best practices" wiki page.

"Also, while making this change it might be worth considering adding a prefix
to the variable names, 'field' is typical. So...
This has two advantages. Firstly, it avoids mistaken direct access to the
variable and secondly it makes the class JavaBean compatible..."

+1 for the first reason, but I think that it is JavaBean compatible even without the renaming.

Vincenzo