james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Future direction for James
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 03:49:34 GMT
> > - No consensus on how to support more complex processing logic (matcher
> > params, BSD scripting, etc...)

> Let's start implementing
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JamesV3/MailetConfiguration #1
in v2.2.

You want to do that now?  Before we make the next major release?

By the way, I would consider starting this by forking LinearProcessor, doing
the config in the new code, and initially requiring the code to be something
like:

   <processor class="o.a.j.NewXMLProcessor" ...>

(please come up with a better name)

which would help keep the rest of the code stable, and only expose new
config capabilities within such elements.  It might also help in terms of
ensuring compatibility with existing configurations.

	--- Noel