james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: JDBCVirtualUser for multiple users
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:41:28 GMT
Craig,

I'd like to see this added to the VirtualUserTable code.  Better still, I'd
like to see the code refactored into AbstractVirtualUserTable, having the
code for virtual user table behavior, and JDBCVirtualUserTable, having the
code for fetching the virtual user table map from the database.  That will
allow someone to write a file-based virtual user table, too.

Robert Cadena had done similar code, but it was only on his site, and he
seems to have disappeared along with the site contents.

Please do submit the patch.  :-)  Please note that we should not assume that
the mapping will contain a list of addresses.  It could include something
else, e.g., a DSN error code and message.  There are a few people, including
yourself, who've talked about submitting an RFC 1894 contribution, so
hopefully we'll have one soon.

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Raw [mailto:craig@quirk.co.za]
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 8:29
To: James Developers List
Subject: JDBCVirtualUser for multiple users

Hi,

This is a proposal on the same topic as the mailing list entry from 1 back,
'Multiple Recipient Aliases'
(http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=james-user@jakarta.apac
he.org&msgNo=3594). It concerns using the JDBCVirtualUserTable to forward an
incoming email to more than one user. Of course, this is already possible
with the Redirect mailet, but keeping all these details in the
VirtualUserTable is cleaner IMO.

I'd like to propose that the target_address column of VirtualUserTable be
allowed to contain users or email addresses separated by commas. The mailet
simply spilts this column up into its constituents and redirects to all of
them. I've already written such a mailet and got it working, and I think
this might be a nice standard feature of the JDBCVirtualUserTable, as it is
backwards compatible. Of course, I may have missed a better solution in the
intervening year.

I can get a patch together if necessary.

Craig