james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Future direction for James
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 03:59:39 GMT
> Mailet was the atomic unit of processing and that any escape from
> the Mailet API into any other system used to process the messages
> should be done using a Mailet as a gateway.

> I'm not adversely disposed to relaxing this but I'd like to know
> why we'd choose a processor over a mailet for the role.

A language like Sieve, which is now an RFC, has its own notion of matching,
flow, and operation.  As Steve pointed out, we could wrap all of that in a
Mailet (using the All matcher), but that seems kind of odd.

However we do it, I believe that supporting other mail filtering languages,
such as sieve, as-is will be a valued capability.

	--- Noel