james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: distributability (was RE: Merging plan)
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 03:07:10 GMT
> I would rather apply consumer presure on Avalon to implement some form of
> distributability of services in a container which can accomodate James.

A distributed Avalon container would be fine if you don't mind imposing a
requirement of Avalon for mailet containers.

> Avalon provides us with a framework for implementing services and
> assembling applications, this (distributability) is right on topic for
> their mission.

Yes, and they are already looking at issues related to a distributed
container.

> In any case I think we're jumping the gun discussing implementation
> details rather than whether or not the idea has enough merit to
> become a requirement for future versions

Right now, we could run each of most of the main services in a separate
container/JVM, using the spooler and/or repositories to connect them.

	--- Noel