james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Future direction for James
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2003 05:47:36 GMT
> Having looked at sieve, a mail filtering/manipulation
> language, what I see is something equivalent in our
> current syntax to

> <processor name=sieveStuff>
>     <mailet match="All" class="our.sieve.implementation">
>         <code>sieve code</code>
>     </mailet>
> </processor>

I think that the major thought in my head was that the processor would have
more full access to James, as opposed to the portable Mailet container.  So
I was not just thinking of "making the match="All" implicit and promoting
the mailet declaration to the processor."  Whether or not there is a
functional utility to that difference is another matter.

	--- Noel