james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <Danny_An...@slc.co.uk>
Subject RE: private vs. protected access
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 14:19:23 GMT

> Actually, Eclipse handles this just fine. But the issue is whether the
> pattern should be followed, not if a particular tool, which not everyone
> uses, helps code it.

+1.
 Quite.

FWIW I'm in favour of encapsulation but the accessors should be protected.
I also think that using a prefix of   "field" is ugly and unnecessary
 why do we want them to be beans? In the meantime I'd favour underscore, so
instead of fieldServerName we would have _serverName which is easier on the
eye.

d.

viruses.