james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <Danny_An...@slc.co.uk>
Subject Re: CURRENT direction for James :-)
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:11:42 GMT

> While on the subject of direction, what do we want to do before cutting
the
> next major release?

  - Do we want to take the current code as-is?
  - Do we want to take the current code + latest Avalon,
    which means pulling in Component->Service changes?

I prefer +Avalon, but as I'm not in a position to do the work would be
happy with as-is.

  - Do we want to do additional refactoring of james-config.xml?

Dunno, mabey as long as it represents an functional improvement not just a
facelift.

  - Do we want to wait for the DSN code?
Don't care.
  - Do we want to wait for user attributes (Jason?)
 Yes I think so, it has been touted as one of the foremost improvements, we
ought to at least consider delivering it. ;-)

  - Do we have any other outstanding patches pending?
  - Do we want to ... ?

Dunno.

d.

viruses.