james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <Danny_An...@slc.co.uk>
Subject RE: Future direction for James
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:22:04 GMT

> A language like Sieve, which is now an RFC, has its own notion of
matching,
> flow, and operation.  As Steve pointed out, we could wrap all of that in
> Mailet (using the All matcher), but that seems kind of odd.

I get that but still think that implementing escapes to other languages
might look better via a mailet.

All you would have to do would be to invoke the seive mailet and point it
at an external sieve script.
Otherwise we do what? pollute the config files with any number of different
scripting language code snippets (yuk) or blur the line between internal
(to the Mailet context) workflow and invoked external processes.

If you wanted to do everything in sieve then a simple

<processor name="root">
<matcher class="All">
<mailet class="sieve">
<param name="script">./all.sieve</param>
</mailet>
<matcher>
</processor>

Will allow James to delegate the whole mess to your sieve scripts.

d.

viruses.