james-server-dev mailing list archives

From James Bucanek <subscri...@gloaming.com>
Subject RE: Taking the plunge - Some success!
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 00:11:32 GMT
Steve Brewin wrote on Wednesday, November 12, 2003:
>Ah! You are running build.xml from within Eclipse?

Yes.

>I don't do that,
>primarily for the reasons discussed  in the extract below. If you look at
>the James build scripts that invoke Ant (build.bat and build.sh) you will
>see they adjust the classpath. If you want to build within Eclipse you will
>have to make the same adjustments.

I see now.  Yes, I took a look at build.sh -- and for grins, just ran it.  James built!  And
it runs!  Can't beat that.

So I'll take a look at the what I might need to do to build.xml to get James to build locally
(simply because I'm mostly just going to be messing around with it on my workstation for awhile).
 Eventually I'll probably adopt Steve's workflow for building/running/testing on my server.

[ Gee, that was too easy!  I thought the hard part was going to be the build.  Now it seems
that the hardest part is going to be figuring out what I want to do with the project. ]

I think what I'd like to do next is to set up a project that builds a Mailet or three.  One
reason I wanted to get up-to-speed on James 3.0 is because I wanted to take advantage of the
new Mailet deployment, which I hear is much better than what was in 2.1.

Where would I start to find out how Mailets are packaged and deployed in 3.0?

Thanks again for all the help,

James