james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Brewin" <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject RE: Possible to make standalone program with SMTP?
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 00:24:14 GMT

No. The SMTP class is an Avalon component which uses a bunch of services
provided by other Avalon components. These are defined in the block entry
for "smtpserver" in assembly.xml. You need Phoenix - an Avalon component
manager - and each of these components or equivalents.

> 	For a variety of reasons it would be best for my project to run
> 	as one process, as opposed to sending mail to a running james
> 	server on the localhost ( i tried to change the spec, but no
> 	luck )

One process? If you mean one VM, Phoenix and hence James, can share a VM
with other tasks.

> 	So, to do SMTP only is or.apache.james.smtpserver all i need?

Nope!

-- Steve