james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Marco Tedone" <mted...@jemos.org>
Subject RMI manager
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2003 23:29:58 GMT
Hi, I would like to get involved with the RMI manager. I would like to know
who is the project's responsible, what is the architecture, if there are any
standards, guidelines, best practices and if does exist any documentation.
BTW, I just tried to copy the

<rmiremotemanager> element inside my actual James config file (I'm running
2.0.0a15) and the startup gives an error.

Specifically, it would be of help to know:

1) The Remote Interface
2) The Actual Implementation
3) What is working
4) Future direction
5) How to build the rmi manager

I would also be available to provide some documentation: at this regard,
does it exist any standard to follow? I have one standard that consists of
writing XML files and by means of an ant script and XSL, converting those
documents into HTML, but I think that as part of Apache you will have your
own; I would like to be initiated to it.

Regards,

Marco