james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Kraig Schario" <cts...@cinti.net>
Subject Determine Message Size in Mailet
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:43:49 GMT
I am having a problem with a mailet when copying the Mail mail object to a
MimeMessage.

    MimeMessage message = mail.getMessage();

It only occurs when the message contains large attachments. Usually larger
than 2 MB.  I receive the following error in the Mailet.log

    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

And the message is sent to the Error Processor.

Is there a way to test the size of the mail object before copying it to a
MimeMessage to access the getSize() method?

I experience the problem in both James 2.1.3 and James 2.2.0a15.  Runing on
RedHat 9 or on Windows XP and 2000.  The systems have 512 MB and 1.8GHz
processors, so I don't think it is resource related.  I am using Sun Java
version j2re1.4.2_03

Thanks

Kraig Schario