james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Marco Tedone" <mted...@jemos.org>
Subject James architecture
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:44:31 GMT
Hi, I would like to try add some rmi remote manager elements in the actual
james configuration file and to write just a simple class that gets those
values and print them out.

The reason is to obtain the following goal: to be able to write and
implement in the James distribution a class that reads the config XML
elements and therefore can manage them.

The reason behind that is that in this case, I can implement a RMI remote
manager and try it in the current implementation, possibly using what it has
already been written for the remote manager. My goal actually would be to
make the RMI application responsible for registering itself in the registry
so that any client can potentially access it.

As regards security, would it be reasonable to incorporate a policy file
into the application?

Marco