james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Soeren Hilmer <soren.hil...@tietoenator.com>
Subject Re: Regarding BUG 24885: RemoteDelivery only tries one of multiple A record
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 11:22:27 GMT
On Monday 01 December 2003 16:30, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> What about modifying DNSServer.findMXRecords to use getAllByName instead of
> getByName in the event that there are no MX records?

But there is an MX record, but with multiple A records associated.

I believe that I need to do a double loop in RemoteDelivery to solve this,
something like:

//i is the iterator over mailservers
while ( i.hasNext()) {
  try {
    String outgoingMailServer = i.next().toString ();

// allways has at least one - uses same fallback strategy as getMailServers
    Collection serverAddresses =
         getMailetContext().getMailServerAddresses(outgoingMailServer);
    Iterator inner_i = serverAddresses.iterator();
    while(inner_i.hasNext()) {

--Søren
--
Søren Hilmer, M.Sc.