james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard O. Hammer" <ROHam...@EarthLink.net>
Subject Re: Determine Message Size in Mailet
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:44:03 GMT
Kraig Schario wrote:
> I am having a problem with a mailet when copying the Mail mail object to a
> MimeMessage.
>
>     MimeMessage message = mail.getMessage();
>
> It only occurs when the message contains large attachments. Usually larger
> than 2 MB.  I receive the following error in the Mailet.log
>
>     java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

I think one way to deal with this is to give the JVM more memory to
work with than it gets by default.  You can do this with a command
line option to the "java" command, an option like "-Xmx96m".

I had this working once, after experimenting some, and was thereby
able to process bigger messages through JavaMail.  Unfortunately, now
I can't find specifically what option I used.  You may succeed with
trial and error.

As I recall, the JVM gets 64 megs by default in my situation.

Rich Hammer