james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Short" <ssh...@postx.com>
Subject RE: Monitoring
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 18:49:58 GMT

It was not my intention to provide direct SNMP access to these stats in
the near term.  I thought about using JNDI but would rather focus more
on the JMX approach and wait until JNDI is a part of the Container /
James architecture before going that way. At that point SNMP access is
avaialable to anyone using an SNMP Agent from Sun, AdventNet, iReasoning
etc.  Using JMX I was also thinking of providing a command line tool a
la vmstat / iostat but I guess that could be done with RemoteManager.

Steve