james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Regarding BUG 24885: RemoteDelivery only tries one of multiple A record
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 17:21:48 GMT
Søren,

For some reason, you've answered twice.  Was the first one from this morning
the one that you e-mailed me to say you thought was lost?

> >         MX 10 mail
> >  mail   A  aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
> >  mail   A  sss.ttt.uuu.vvv

> Yes, this is exactly what I mean. Apparrently this is not an uncommon
setup,
> and the current code will only try the aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd address.

> Yes, that is exactly what needs to be addressed, the problem of doing it
at
> the DNS lookup level (which I agree is the conceptually right thing to do)
is
> that then the returned addresses (by the getMailServers call) bears no
> information to the original MX record

I believe that I addressed that in an earlier post this morning (the
"host/IP" proposal).  InetAddress.getAllByName(String host) gets all of the
IP addresses, and InetAddress.toString() provides the correct format for
each.  That ought to address the issues you raised.

Thoughts?

	--- Noel