james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Monitoring
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 18:12:42 GMT
> The Monitor service would be exposed via JMX (automatically
> thanks to Phoenix and hopefully Merlin).

> The monitor service configuration would allow declaration of
> groups and act as a factory for other components that wish
> to be monitored.

My suggestion would be to use JNDI for this purpose, and to have a JNDI
context containing the metrics.

  ../metrics/protocols/SMTP/..

An SNMP service would expose an SNMP protocol view of the information in the
metrics context.  A component would get its metrics context and interact
with the beans that we'll probably store there.  So long as we have a
suitably common interface, the rest is automagic.

	--- Noel