james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Sieve Proposal (Request For Comments)
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 23:15:49 GMT
Steve Brewin wrote:
> Danny Angust wrote:
> > 1/ modify existing James Container to support alternative
> > processor types than "LnearProcessor"

> I am rather hoping that, perhaps in vain, that someone else might take
this
> on while I do (2) below.

I may get to that.  I was thinking of starting a task list of things to do,
and seeing if we could organize people to help on them.

> > I'm tempted to resurrect the debate about why processors are not
> > specialized Mailets , but I'll just mention once it and see
> > if anyone has anything new to say. :-)

LinearProcessor is the familar matcher/mailet flow.  Another processor type
could implement a newer configuration scheme; an approach I seem to recall
you favored.  Some other processor type could conceivable provide
distributed container support.  Steve's SieveProcessor implements the Sieve
language, with its own operations.

	--- Noel