james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Stream-based MIME Parser
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 03:40:25 GMT
harmeet@kodemuse.com wrote:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > What I really could use is a good stream-based MIME parser.  I am
starting
> > to look at the W3C code and grendel code.

> There is some MimeParser code under Jigsaw that is lightweight but
> mostly ment for form encoding. There should be one under Tomcat too.

Yes, that is the W3C code I was looking at, and you've a good point about
seeing if Tomcat, possibly Jetty, has similar code.

What I believe we want is code that reads through the MIME content as a
stream and issues callbacks for each header and part.  For a part (counting
the entire message as a part), I'd like to be able to get the raw stream and
just read on it until the end of that scope.  From that, we can do a lot.

	--- Noel