james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Brewin" <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject Sieve needs a home!
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 23:06:09 GMT
OK,

126 classes and 161 JUnit tests (tip of an iceberg) later I have a server
neutral Java implementation of Sieve - RFC 3028. Now it needs a home!

This is the first step to Sieve enabling James, but is not itself James
specific. The package name root is therefore 'org.apache.sieve'.

There seems to be a bunch of ways of submitting this to Apache, but by far
the simplest seems to be to initially adopt the same approach used for the
Mailet API and make it a sub-project of James.

What does everyone think? If there are no strong objections I'll ask for a
vote from the committers.

If passed I will add it to the James repository. Later I will provide some
documentation and add a link from the James home page.

Better ideas are very welcome.

-- Steve