james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Brewin" <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject RE: Sieve needs a home!
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 00:47:19 GMT
Serge Knystautas wrote:
> Steve Brewin wrote:
> > 126 classes and 161 JUnit tests (tip of an iceberg) later I
> have a server
> > neutral Java implementation of Sieve - RFC 3028. Now it
> needs a home!
>
> Nice!  I suggest making it a separate CVS module, managed by
> the James PMC.

You mean working through Incubator process as documented in
http://incubator.apache.org/index.html? If so:
- "Sponsor would be A Top Level Project within the ASF". Would be James.
- Champion would be "be sponsored by an Officer or Member of the
Foundation". Such as one Serge Knystautas?

Happy to go that way if required. As a James committer I was hoping to skip
a few steps. If that's not possible, so be it.

-- Steve