james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Frank-Michael Böhle <frami...@yahoo.de>
Subject newbie-question concerning relationship between matchers and mailets
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 07:21:43 GMT
Hi all,
the last days I've browsed thru the 2.1.3-James and
found it very useful, except for one issue:

"The matcher returns a collection of recipients, which
is a subset of all recipients". So far, so clear. I
expected, that this list is passed in some way into
the according mailet, but cannot find anything about
that. Does it happen at all? If that list isn't
available within the according mailet, why does
matcher return it? Instead it could return a simple
boolean for indicating "matches".

I think, I've understood something wrong, cause nobody
would create a "matching-recipients"-list, if it's of
no use.

Regards,
Frank