james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: newbie-question concerning relationship between matchers and mailets
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 07:36:20 GMT
Frank-Michael Böhle wrote:
> Hi all,
> the last days I've browsed thru the 2.1.3-James and
> found it very useful, except for one issue:
>
> "The matcher returns a collection of recipients, which
> is a subset of all recipients". So far, so clear. I
> expected, that this list is passed in some way into
> the according mailet, but cannot find anything about
> that. Does it happen at all? If that list isn't
> available within the according mailet, why does
> matcher return it? Instead it could return a simple
> boolean for indicating "matches".

A mailet can get that List from Mail.getRecipients().  It cannot get
what was passed to the matcher.

A matcher returns a List instead of a boolean because you could have
partial matching, for instance if a message comes in for
relaythis@somedomain.com and sergek@lokitech.com, I would want my
matcher to only fire on sergek@lokitech.com.

> I think, I've understood something wrong, cause nobody
> would create a "matching-recipients"-list, if it's of
> no use.

Can you expand on what this means?

--
Serge Knystautas