james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Avalon libs and JDK1.4
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:32:03 GMT
Holger Faltinsky/Denic wrote:
> 1. Avalon lib
> -------------
> It was mentioned earlier but I couldn't find any further information:
>
> I would like to use James as an avalon application (phoenix 4.0.4) using
> the released cornerstone- and excalibur- libraries. After I got james
> v2.1.3 binaries/source from the server, I realized that the old
> 'cornerstone.jar' is still used.
>
> Is there any time planed, when a new release of James is provided, using
> the released libraries running in phoenix?  Or will the next release only
> be a merlin-Application?

James is using an old published version of Avalon (Phoenix et al).  The
MAIN branch in CVS and what will become the 3.0 release will move to the
published 4.X release of the avalon API.  There were a lot of API
changes and other things to work out in the Avalon project at the time,
so now that that's set, we're starting to move.

--
Serge Knystautas
President